The MIRT License: Explained

The MIRT License Explained Banner

If you actively practice Medical Imaging and Radiation Therapy in the state of New Hampshire, you’re not new to MIRT licensing. But, for those of you who are interested in practicing in the state, you might be wondering — what is the MIRT license?

According to the Board of Medical Imaging and Radiation Therapy, the MIRT license regulates the following certifications/specialties: 

  • Cardiac Electrophysiology Specialists
  • Cardiovascular Invasive Specialists
  • Computed Tomographists
  • Limited X-Ray Machine Operators
  • Magnetic Resonance Technologists
  • Nuclear Medicine Technologists
  • Radiation Therapists
  • Radiologist Assistants
  • Radiographers
  • Sonographers

So, if you’re one of the specialties listed above, what does this mean for you? 

Well, to practice in the state of New Hampshire, you must have this license to be able to work. The process can be somewhat confusing if you’re new to MIRT licensing, but that’s why we’re here to help. 

To start, click here to search for your licensing record in the state. (If you don’t have an active state license, click Create an Account on the left-hand menu.) 

Once you complete this step, you will need to gather the correct documents for each licensure type. To view the list of required documents for each modality, click here

If you’re looking at taking a travel assignment or applying for a job in the state of New Hampshire — make sure to kick-start the process ahead of time. We’d suggest planning 3-6 months in advance, to ensure that you have enough time to gather the correct documents.

If you still have questions regarding how and where to apply, click here.

Receive jobs alerts by saving your search!

Filter by:

  • Shift
  • Pay
  • Location
  • Specialty
  • Start Date

And receive only the jobs relevant to you in your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!